Friday, May 16, 2008

Reflections on the soul.

Upon reflection of my own life I am forced to exclaim "Oh, retched and vile man what has God to do with you?" And indeed what has he to do with me? What do I know of this Christ, Jesus, who lived almost two thousand years ago? If he still lives today he has not spoken to or visited me. What know I of Adam, the first man? According to the records he died even before the great flood, and what of this flood? Did Noah really survive in the belly of an ark? Indeed what do I know of any of these things except what I have heard my parents testify and the testimonies of others? Only I do know this that when I speak of this Christ, of his sacrifice for the good of man; when I speak of my spirit and its ability to live on after death; when I speak the heavens and the notion that I lived with our God before being born on this earth; something resonates deep with in me. My heart is filled with deep emotion and I am forced to exclaim that it is true. I know that it is true.

No comments: